Can you really lose a significant amount of weight by exercising at home or is going to the gym more effective?
This is just one of the many great health debates that have been going on for decades.
It’s absolutely amazing what the fitness gurus fight over.
Your weight loss results are determined by you and not some piece of equipment, whether it’s located at a gym or at home.
Your body doesn’t care where it performs lunges or a bicep curl…
All that it knows is that you are working your muscles against some form of resistance, which is where your weight loss results will become a reality.
Don’t ever get hung up on location, just focus on getting your daily workouts done and increasing your intensity levels a little at a time…
As long as you’re consistent with your diet and exercise, you will drop those pounds.
The most proven and effective ongoing theme has always been to keep things simple.
Let’s jump right in…
We’ve listed a few bodyweight exercises in this article because not everyone has fitness equipment at home. We want to make people aware that there should be no reason to not get and stay in shape.
Examples Of Bodyweight Exercises That You Can Perform At Home:
- Standing Calf Raises
- Seated Calf Raises (Pressing Downward On Knees)
- Push-ups (Beginners | Knees bent) & Advanced
- Reverse Triceps Extensions
- Wall Presses
- Lying Crunches
- Wall Sits
- Tuck Jump
- Bear Crawls
- Step-Ups (Love these)
- Donkey Kicks
- Triceps Dips (Using a chair)
- Lying Bicycles
- And So On.
The number of exercises that you can perform at home (with no equipment) is almost limitless due to the different combinations and variations.
We just wanted to provide you with a sampling of what’s available in terms of exercises that you can use to lose weight.
NOTE: You can always search on the Internet for instructions on how to perform any exercise, because there’s no shortage of How-To videos.
Tips That Can Increase Your Weight Loss
Tip 1: Perform higher repetitions with less weight (Target Range: 15 to 25 REPS)
Tip 2: Take shorter rest periods in between sets and exercises
Tip 3: Perform multiple exercises in a row (known as Circuit Training, Super & Giant sets)
Tip 4: Combine Resistance Training with Cardio Training
There you have it, a short list of highly effective bodyweight exercises that you can perform at home along with a few tips to enhance your weight loss efforts.
Don’t complicate this, just begin applying the tips that we’ve listed because the most important thing you can do at this moment is take action!
Of course following a more structured exercise program will be more beneficial in both the short and long terms.
However, in the meantime Do Not wait to start your weight loss journey by making excuses or waiting on the implementation of a sophisticated exercise program.
Good luck on your weight loss goals!
Check Out These Other "Weight Loss" Articles:
- 17 Weight Loss Rules For Beginners
- 3 Powerful Ways To Incorporate Cardio On The Go
- 75 Ways To Quickly Lose 10 Pounds
- 3 Tips To Help Make Your Weight Loss Rewards System A Super Success
- 6 Questions You Must Answer Before Choosing A Weight Loss Accountability Partner
- What Is A Raw Food Diet?
- 4 Tips To Help You Lose Belly Fat
- 5 Negative Mindsets That Will Kill Your Chances Of Weight Loss
- 15 Ways To Clean Up Your Daily Diet For Easy Weight Loss
- Low VS High Intensity Cardio: Which Burns More Fat?
- 7-Steps To Using Clean Eating To Lose Weight Naturally
- 12 Quick Tips For Losing Weight
- How To Eat Low-Carb Desserts And Lose Weight
- Walking To Lose Weight
- 10 Ways To Lose Up To 10 Pounds In 30 Days
- The 5 Most Dangerous Diseases Caused By Obesity
- Secrets To Losing Weight