Being a shy guy, the way that you prepare for your first date is critical, because it usually sets the tone for whether or not there will be a relationship going forward.
We all know this encounter as The First Impression and sometimes you don’t get a second chance at making one, which is why you must put your best foot forward.
There’s nothing to panic about and regardless of whether things work out or not…
The world will not come to an end.
You simply move on to the next woman.
Remember, you’re just going out on a date in order to get to know the lovely lady and have fun.
Also, one of the biggest goals of the first date is to get to the second date, otherwise nothing else matters.
Tips For What To Do Before The Date
TIP #1: The best way to make sure your date goes as smooth as possible is to create a simple list of everything you must do to get prepared.
An example list would look something like the following:
Brainstorm all the activities needed to make this happen.
- What date and time?
- What type of restaurant (based upon the types of foods she like)?
- Does the chosen restaurant require making reservations?
- What’s the dress code for the restaurant?
- Did you call her to inform her of the dress code?
- Do you have the directions to her home?
- Do you know how long it takes to get there to avoid being late?
- What do you have planned before or after the meal?
- Does your date need to bring a change of clothing to participate in some form of physical activity such as indoor rock climbing and did you inform her?
- And so on.
That may seem like a lot of trouble to go through to go out on a first date, but we’re here to tell you that it’s not especially if the woman is compatible and you enjoy her company.
Besides, it only takes a few minutes to create your list and you can check each completed task off…
Not only will you feel a sense of accomplishment, but you’ll know ahead of time that your date will be off to a great start because of your detailed planning.
Your date will notice how well-organized you are and you will gain some major points for this as she brags to her friends about how together you had your stuff.
Let’s be honest, it seems like no matter how well you plan, there’s always something that’s forgotten.
We’re not trying to be negative here, but you know what we’re talking about!
Here’s the thing, even if you forgot one or two things, it will not matter because overall your date will go great.
TIP #2: Call your date right before you leave and give her an estimated time of arrival.
TIP #3: Go up to your date’s door and please don’t honk your car hone.
TIP #4: Greet her with a Yellow Rose at her door as this represents friendship.
TIP #5: Open her car door.
Tips For What To Do During The Date
TIP #1: The most important tip that we can give you is to listen to what your date’s wants and needs are and make mental notes of them.
This is important because you can use that information to plan better dates based upon her wants and needs instead of guessing.
We don’t want you to use the information that she shares with you to manipulate her, but instead to create meaningful experiences.
One of the biggest keys to having great conversations is to consciously focus on your date’s needs and listening to her every word.
Well, the only way that you’re going to be able to do that is by listening.
Another benefit of paying attention and taking mental notes is the fact that you’ll be able to recall things that she shared with you, which will create a closer bond between the two of you…
More points scored for you!
TIP #2: Pull out your date’s chair from the table.
TIP #3: Let her order her food first.
TIP #4: Put your phone on vibrate/mute.
TIP #5: Don’t text, make, or except calls (obviously unless it’s an emergency).
TIP #6: Don’t ask overly sexualized questions.
TIP #7: Don’t ask questions that are too personal.
TIP #8: Be a gentleman.
TIP #9: Be respectful.
TIP #10: Don’t talk about your ex-girlfriends or wives, unless appropriate.
TIP #11: If she continues to go on about her exes, politely change the conversation.
TIP #12: Pay for the whole date.
TIP #13: Open and close her car door.
TIP #14: Walk her to her door at the end of the date to ensure her safety.
Now that you’ve learned some great first date tips in which you can put into action immediately…
Let’s close this out…
Going out on a first date makes almost everyone feel nervous and anxious, due to the unknown.
Prior to going on the date, you have a million things going on in your mind and all because you want everything to go as planned.
Of course, planning doesn’t guarantee that you will not run into problems or challenges while out on your date.
However, it does increase the probability that more things will go right than wrong.
That’s just how the world works.
Spontaneity has its place, but not on a first date, because remember, you only have one chance to make a first impression.
It’s not like in the movies, there are no rewind options.
So, why not take the time to plan out your dates so that you’ll have more control over the outcome, even if things don’t 100% go according to plan?
The more prepared you are, the more confident you’ll feel about yourself and the date you plan.
A well-planned date will make you forget how shy you are because you’ll get such a boost from the compliments you’ll be paid from the lady you’re out with.
We hope that you found our tips to be valuable and that you implement them the next time you go out on a date.
Good luck on your first date!
Click Here To Get The Kindle Version Of Shy Guy’s Dating Secrets!
Check Out These Other "Dating and Relationship" Articles:
- The Beginner's Guide To Online Dating
- 101 Ways To Make Your Relationships Bulletproof
- 5 Dating Tips For Finding A Good Man
- 9 Dating Mistakes Men Make
- 13 Tips For Creating An Online Dating Profile
- 6 First Date Dos And Don’ts
- 6 Tips For Safe Online Dating
- Top 4 Conversation Starters For First Dates
- 10 Tips For A Successful First Date
- 52 Free Date Night Ideas
- 8 Dating Rules For Single Dads
- 8 Proven Ways To Relax Before A Date
- 11 Tips To Keep The Flames Burning In Your Relationship
- 101 Ways To Build Great Relationships
- 6 Amazing Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your First Date
- 5 Tips To Revive A Romantic Relationship
- 10 Tips To Master Flirting To Spark A Love Connection
- 3 Tips For Dating With Children
- Dating Secrets For Women
- Dating Secrets For Men
- Dating Advice For Men: 5 Questions You Better Know The Answer To
- 6 Reasons That Causes The Death Of Romance
- 5 Tips For Dating After Divorce
- 5 Single Parent Dating Tips